- September 10: Senior Meetings (1st and 2nd hours, PAC)
- September 12: Open House (Balfour will be available 5:30pm – 8pm)
- September 18: Cap & Gown Order Pickup (During lunches in PAC hallway, Balfour present)
- September 19: Cap & Gown Order Pickup (During lunches in PAC hallway, Balfour present
- October 24: Parent-Teacher Conferences (Balfour will be available 4pm – 7pm)
- October 30: Cap & Gown Order Make-Up (During lunches in PAC hallway, Balfour present)
- March 12: Senior Parent Meeting (Directly after Parent/Teacher conferences 7pm, PAC)
- April 24: Senior Meetings (LGI, hours 1,2,3,5,6)
- April 29: Senior Awards Rehearsal (7am, PAC)
- April 29: Senior Awards Night (6:30pm, PAC)
- May 8: Graduation Speech Due (Turn in to Mrs. Browne in the Principal’s Office)
- May 12: Graduation Speech Try-Outs (LGI)
- May 14: Graduation Speech Final Cuts (PAC)
- May 18: Senior Exams (3rd - 6th hours)
- May 19: Senior Exams (1st and 2nd hours)
- May 19: Senior’s Last Day/Walk/Picnic (Directly after 2nd hour exams)
- May 20: Senior Prom (Palazzo Grande)
- June 1: Mandatory Graduation Rehearsal (DTE Energy Theatre 9am)
- June 1: Graduation Ceremony (DTE Energy Theatre 6:30pm, arrival 5:30pm)
- June 1-2: Senior All Night Party (Following graduation, 10pm - 3am)
Below is a list of recommended photography studios that have provided quality products and service to CHS students. If your student has not gotten their pictures done, please consider using one of these trusted photographers.
Photography By Joanne Gentile
David Yarnell Photography
Flashes of Life Photography
Amy Peterson Photography
Ilze Lucero Photo
HILLTOPPER YEARBOOK SENIOR PORTRAIT SPECIFICATIONS
Photographers, please follow these guidelines. Any portrait submissions that fail to meet these requirements will be returned to the student and denied publication in the yearbook.
CLARKSTON HIGH SCHOOL SENIOR PORTRAIT REQUIREMENTS
- Format: High resolution (300 dpi) digital jpeg
- Head Size: Max 1.5” (Bottom of chin to top of head)
- Portrait Size: 2.5”X 3.5” (Upper torso and both shoulders must be visible. Minimum .5” space above head - don't over zoom).
- Pose: Traditional, head & shoulders, no props, no cap & gowns, no profiles, no hands appearing, background should be muted or medium tones. no white or overly light backgrounds, no "nature" or "outdoor" scenes
- Dress: School-appropriate, no bare shoulders or spaghetti straps, no cleavage.
- Background: Standard colors, blues, greys, browns, off white shades. No bright colors, or marbled backgrounds, no outdoor backgrounds, avoid shadow effects, no printing on photo.
- Digital jpeg photos only (no hard copies), resolution must be 300 dpi or higher
- Please submit all portraits via email (up to six portraits), or mail a CD.
If you email portrait(s), please make sure you receive a confirming response from the yearbook staff within 24 hours. Also, include name of student in the email. Send attachments to the following address: email@example.com
If submitting a CD, please include the studio name, email address, the date submitted on the CD, also include student's names on a sheet of paper (or on CD if space allows). If mailing a flash drive, be sure to include ALL names of students.
Please send to:
Clarkston High School, attn: Allie Lanctot Yearbook Adviser
6093 Flemings Lake Road
Clarkston, MI 48346
Important: please email requests for confirmation of receipt of submissions.
The yearbook staff reserves the right to reject senior portraits for aesthetic and quality reasons.
submission deadline is november 1, 2019
Photos received after November 1, 2019 WILL NOT be included in the yearbook due to print deadlines. It is the student’s responsibility to give the photographer sufficient time to deliver the senior portrait.
Questions may be directed to Allison Lanctot, yearbook advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Yearbook recognition ads are a great way for parents, families and friends to commemorate student achievements and important milestones. In addition, revenues from recognition ads help our school to create a better yearbook. To purchase your ad online, follow the instructions below. Jostens is managing your school's yearbook ad sales so please do not contact or send materials to the school. Please take into account our school's ad content guidelines on the bottom of this form during the creation of your ad online. All ad orders must be placed online by September 30, 2019
Important information about Yearbook Recognition Ads
- Our school reserves the right to edit ads per our guidelines. Please make sure all submitted materials are appropriate for school
- We retain the right to remove any explicit text, graphic photos or copyright-protected imagery or photos.
- For the ad to appear in the yearbook, your ad must be purchased by the order deadline.
- Color photographs uploaded for black-and-white ads will appear in black and white.
- We will make every effort to use your layout and text as indicated.
- A proof will not be provided and no changes can be made after purchase.
Frequently Asked Questions
How are the ad prices determined and what is the money used for?
Ad prices are determined by our school. The revenue from Recognition Ads helps support our yearbook and keep it
affordable for everyone.
How is the ad deadline determined?
The ad deadline is set by our school based on the production schedule for the yearbook.
Can I create my student’s ad on my mobile device?
Yes, you can design your recognition ad on a mobile device using the free ReplayIt app. Available for download from the
Google Play and Apple App store.
Can I send my materials to the school?
No, please do not send your materials to our school. Our school has selected Jostens to assist with our ad program. Please call the Josten's customer service number (800) 358-0800 if you have questions or need assistance in creating your ad. More questions? Call Jostens at (800) 358-0800.
Please NOTE: A signed parent-student waiver is REQUIRED for the sale of tickets. While we will have them available to sign at the meeting, students should review & sign also. Download the parent-student waiver.
Grad Night Party
The Senior Grad Night Party requires a minimum of 100 volunteers in order to run it effectively. We can’t host the party without your help! Please take the time to stop & complete the forms if you are able to help us out!
We will have Volunteer Sheets for you to fill out (very quick - 5 items).
We will have ICHAT forms for you to fill out (required background check for party volunteers - but also short & only 7 items (no SSN required)).
You can download the ICHAT form in advance, complete & drop it off to us along with a copy of your driver’s license. There is no charge for the background check, but it is required by CCS for party volunteers. We are sure you understand the need for security.
For more information on the Grad Night Party, email chsseniorcelebrations@gmail.
- Register online at www.actstudent.org.
- The first ACT exam for next school year is September 14, 2019.
- Registration deadline is August 16. Late registration deadline is September 1.
- The next ACT date is October 26, 2019. Registration deadline is September 27. Late registration deadline is October 13.
- Register online at www.collegeboard.com.
- The first SAT exam for next school year is August 24, 2019. Registration deadline is July 26. Late registration deadline is August 11.
- The next SAT exam is October 5, 2019. Registration deadline is September 6th. Late registration deadline is September 23.
- Online applications are preferred. It is recommended that students turn in college applications no later than October 30, 2019.
- Credit card payment is typically required for online applications. $2 per transcript processing fee submitted with each transcript request through www.parchment.com.
- Please allow a 10-day processing period for your college applications.
- Test scores are not reported on transcripts. Student must send ACT/SAT test scores directly from testing agency to colleges. Go to www.actstudent.org to send ACT scores, or www.collegeboard.com to send SAT scores.
- Students may take three school-related absences during the school year.
- Must have a form from the attendance office before you go to the visit.
- Form must be signed by a college representative or have an attachment of when you visited.
- Return the form to the attendance office the day after your visit.
- Please complete and return to your counselor no later than Tuesday, August 13 (Schedule Pick Up Day).
- Useful for teachers and counselors when writing recommendations for colleges and when nominating students for scholarships. Include activities you have done both at school and in the community
- Financial Aid meeting for parents will be held in the evening on September 11, 2019.
- FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) is available online at www.fafsa.ed.gov. This is available after October 1.
- Local scholarships are available in the counseling office and on our Counseling website beginning in January 2020. Contact your college financial aid office for college-specific scholarships.
- Register at www.ncaaclearinghouse.net and print student release form.
- Login to www.parchment.com to send transcripts ($2 fee)
- You alone are responsible for assuring you meet all eligibility requirements.
If you are interested in information on the armed forces, military academies, or ROTC scholarships, contact the Counseling Office.
CHS COUNSELING WEBSITE
- Visit the CHS Counseling pages for useful links for scholarships, searching for colleges, testing information, and career information.