It is very important for you to stay involved in your child's education. To help your child become a more effective student you should structure a consistent time and place for completing homework and studying, monitor grades and homework completion using ParentVue (Contact Synergy Support at 248.623.5401 for your login information if you do not have it), and collaborate with teachers when you notice your student is having trouble
- Huntington Learning Center - Personal tutoring for all subject in grades K -12.
- Keller Clinic - Content Tutoring: Mathematics, Health, Chemistry, Physics, Social Sciences, Language Arts & Foreign Language. ACT & SAT Preparation, Speed Reading/Study Skills/Organization, After School Homework Program & AD/HD Screening and Psycho-educational Testing.
- Kumon -Program to improve Math and Reading.
- Meadowbrook Center for Learning - Offers private tutoring in all subject areas k- 12, as well as special services such as Study Skills, Speech Therapy, ACT Prep, Behavioral Issues, Occupational Therapy (handwriting instruction, gross & fine motor coordination, sensory integration).
- Khan Academy - Free online resource to assist with math and sciences.Oakland University Reading Clinic - The Reading Clinic is for children in grades 1-12. The clinic is held at Oakland University’s School of Education and Human Services building.
- StudyPoint - Highly personalized, in-home academic tutoring. Focused on grade improvement.
- Sylvan Learning - provide personalized instruction in reading, writing, mathematics, study skills, homework support, and test preparation for college entrance and state exams.
- Tutor.com - Live tutoring help. Subscription service,
- Tutor Doctor - Tutor Doctor provides affordable, professional 1 on 1 individual tutoring services in the comfort of student’s home and focuses on the needs of the individual student. Carefully screened & qualified tutors can tutor in all subjects for all age groups and offer great flexibility working around the busy schedules of the family and student.
- Learning Express Library - A free resource for parents and students provided by the Michigan Electronic Library. This site offers study and remedial strategies to increase student skills in many different areas. Just create a free login id and you can access an array of courses, practice questions, and review guides in all subject areas. Also includes test preparation (ACT, SAT, GED, etc.) under College Preparation.