There are many services available within our community for parents and students to turn to if they are struggling with social and emotional issues. Counselors are available to meet with students in crisis, and will then refer students and parents to outside community resources for more extensive help. While the CHS Counseling Department strives to meet the needs of each student, it is important to remember that counselors do not provide therapy within the school setting.
Advanced Counseling Services provides a wide range of diagnostic and treatment services. If you are experiencing feelings of anxiety, stress or depression, or struggling with an addiction, you may benefit from their services.
Clarkston Family Therapists provide psychotherapeutic counseling services to children, adolescents, adults, and families as well as Psychological Testing for students.
Common Ground Sanctuary is a nonprofit crisis intervention agency. Our mission is to provide a lifeline for individuals and families in crisis, victims of crime, persons with mental illness, people trying to cope with critical situations and runaway and homeless youth.
The Counseling Studio Clarkston specializes in divorce transition, adolescent therapy, women's issues, self-esteem challenges, depression, anxiety, family Counseling, parenting support, grief counseling, stress management, conflict resolution, and high achievement pressure.
Great Lakes Psychology Group provides therapy and counseling for children, teens, adults, couples and families. Psychologist serving the cities of Clarkston, Lake Orion, Oxford, and Auburn Hills.
Grey Street Counseling and Wellness Center provides counseling to individuals ages 3 and older. Specialties include: anxiety, ADD/ADHD, behavioral issues, coping skills, depression, divorce, developmental disorders, eating disorders, family conflict, foster/adoption, gender identity, grief and loss, neglect/abuse, nutrition, obsessive-compulsive tendencies, peer relationships, relationship conflict, self-esteem, sexual identity, stress, suicidal ideation, and trauma.
Havenwyck Hospital provides a continuum of individualized treatment to children, adolescents and adults needing psychiatric and/or substance abuse treatment.
New Oakland Child-Adolescent & Family Centers is an outpatient and partial hospitalization psychiatric clinic providing services to children, adolescents, adults and families.
North Oakland Family Medical Center provides a full range of mental health services for all ages.
Triad Associates specializes in treating Depression, Anxiety, Brief Situational Reactions, Recurring Problems, Substance Abuse Problems, Sexual Abuse, ADHD, ADD, Panic and Phobic Reactions, Sleeping Problems, Low Achievement, Eating Disorders, Post Traumatic Stress, Behavior Disorders, Marital Problems, Phobias, Divorce and Separation Problems, and Grief and Loss.
Social/Emotional COVID-19 Resources for Parents
- Webinar for parents on coping and managing stress during COVID-19, from The Child Mind Institute
- Tips for Supporting Student Wellness at Home during COVID-19, Trails to Wellness at the University of Michigan Medical School
- 5 Ways to View Coverage of the Coronavirus, The American Psychological Association
- Supporting Children’s Emotional Well-being During the COVID-19 Pandemic, Child Trends
- How to Talk to Your Child about the Coronavirus, Kids Health
- Talking to Children About COVID-19 (Coronavirus): A Parent Resource, National Association of School Psychologists
- Promoting Positive Mental Health for Teens Feeling Isolated, Erika’s Lighthouse
- Parent/Caregiver Guide to Helping Families Cope with the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19), National Child Traumatic Stress Network
- National Center for School Crisis and Bereavement, Specific resources to the COVID-19 pandemic.
NEW OAKLAND FAMILY CENTERS/ OAKLAND HEALTH NETWORK- CHILDREN'S CRISIS STABILIZATION UNIT:
Experiencing a personal or family crisis? Call the 24-hour Crisis Telephone Line for free crisis screening and expedient care coordination.
Common Ground Sanctuary Crisis Line:
Experiencing a personal or family crisis? Call the 24-hour Crisis Telephone Line for free, confidential, counseling, information and referrals.