SAT Review Resources
Better understand the elements of the SAT test to have the best possible test-taking experience!
Words in context
Understand nuances of vocabulary and context clues in the readings.
Command of evidence
Support your answers and also understand charts and graphs.
Essay analyzing a source
Closely mirrors college writing assignments, close reading, analysis, analyze an author's work.
Math that matters most
Problem solving and data analysis (quantitative literacy), heart of algebra, mastery of linear equations, passport to advanced math, familiarity with more complex equations. Geometry is more of a foundation as opposed to being shown here on this test.
Problems grounded in real world contexts
Directly relate to the work performed in college and career, include charts, graphs, passages likely to be encountered in science, social science,
Analysis in science and in history/social studies
Not measuring content, but rather apply their skills in those contexts (to apply their literacy skills in these areas)
U.S. founding documents and the great global conversation
Will include one of the following: one excerpt of a founding document or a text from the ongoing great global conversation about freedom, justice, and human dignity. No prior knowledge of the text will be required. No penalty for guessing: one point for each correct answer, zero points for unanswered or wrong answers.
Test Prep at CHS
The College Board recommends at least thirty (30) minutes a day until the date of the test for at home practice. College Board has partnered with the Khan Academy to provide practice resources. Clarkston High School Media Center also has two of the College Board practice books available for individual check out available on a first come, first served basis.
- Khan Academy SAT 2016 Revised : The official resource to use to practice. As you work through the questions, make sure you read the answers and suggestions Khan provides to help you up your score.
- Kahn Academy and College Board SAT Practice Site (official SAT Practice for 2017+)
- College Board Resources including a daily practice app
- Excellent overview of the New SAT and great links for access to the official College Board Manual for the redesigned SAT
- Teacher guide to the redesigned SAT
- Teacher Implementation Guide
- Side by Side Comparison Chart between the ACT and the Revised SAT
- Learning Express Library - Resources and practice SAT tests available from Michigan Electronic Library (MEL)